Monday, August 1, 2011

Raining On My Parade

  When Pop was visiting we decided to take him to a baseball game at the Durham Bulls Stadium. (That doesn't mean I live in Durham or near Durham) So we get ready to go at like 5 : 15 p.m. It's nice and HOT outside when we leave. We finally get to the stadium and find our seats. My dad is like, "See this is SO foul ball territory!"  I wanted to catch a ball but I couldn't find my mitt, so we go to the shop. OF COURSE THE MITTS ARE SOLD OUT! I buy a hat (that I now LOVE) and we get food, then head back to our seats.
  The first rain drops hit our heads, then by the time we get to our seats it is POURING RAIN. We have to stand in the tunnel for a while, then go back, then back inside, then out. You get the picture, it was like that all day until finally they called the game back on. It's like 8 and the game still hasn't started. Then it really starts pouring, with lightning and thunder. RETREAT!!!!! On the first few drops my mom and I are like, " WE AREN'T MOVING. IT'S JUST WATER." When it comes down hard, we run.
  We stand under the roof for a bit (like 20 minutes) then decide to leave. I kept thinking, "This is what I get for praying last night... Sorry God for not going to Church." But it turns out that is what happens when more than 2 blood line Goobers are united. My dad was doing the "rain dance" earlier that day saying, "I hope it rains 'cause our lawn needs the water." Then, when it rained my Pop said, " Gosh, I hope there won't be lightning."

  SO, what I think is 1 Goober hoping for something to happen + 1 Goober hoping something DOESN'T happen = Both happening.

  What good came out of it:
There was a black out where we lived and we lit some candles and talked. My dad and Pop told funny stories of when my dad was little! (my brother wasn't there, he went to bed) Plus, I peed in the dark. TEE HEE

No comments:

Post a Comment